Sunday, January 20, 2008

Polenta Fries

So I rushed out of the house last evening without even taking a pic of the polenta fries that I took to my carpoolers party. These are just soo simple & easy to make. I love polenta and first saw PBS-Everyday Food make this along with some chili-rubbed beef flank. They are nice and crispy and go great with meatloaf or even some other kind of meat dish. Trader Joes has polenta in a tube for less than $2 so whenever I'm there I just pick up a tube so that when I'm at a loss for a side dish, out comes the polenta fries!!
Courtesy of Martha Stewart

Baked Polenta Fries
Adpated from Everyday Food

2 (18oz each) plain prepared polenta
2 Tbsp olive oil
Course salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tsp dried Italian seasoning or dried oregano

PReheat over to 450*F degrees. Unwrap and cut each tube of polenta in half crosswise. Then cut each half lengthwise into 8 wedges.

Drizzle olive oil on a large rimmed baking sheet. Place polenta wedges on baking sheet; season with salt and pepper, and turn gently to coat with oil. Arrnage wedges in a single layer.

Bake, turning once with a thin metal spatula, until golden and crisp, 45-50 minutes. Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Transfer to a shallow dish, and toss with Italian seasoning before serving.

Serving: Serves 4

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin