Sunday, January 13, 2008

Coconut Bread

So for dessert tonight I had no time and also no idea what to make. So I looked through my pile of 'will make soon' and was looking for something quick. Ahh quick bread, yep, sounds about right. I had been eyeing this recipe for awhile but just didn't know if it would be ok or not. So I threw it together and wa-la! SCORE! I got this recipe off some dental wives blog but can't seem to find the blog so unfortunately can't link. All in all, its a keeper but of course I have no proof. The guests took them all home and all I have to show for it is them wrapped and ready to go out the door! Sorry! But I'm sure I'll make them again. They really were good! I served it as a thick slice with some vanilla icecream on the side. Yum-O!

Updated: made them again and look at the evidence of wonder...yummmmm!!!


Coconut Bread
Adapted from Dental Wives Blog

1 cup oil
2 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp coconut extract
3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup coconut flakes
1 cup buttermilk (or add 1Tbsp vinegar to 1 cup milk as substitute)
1 cup nuts (optional)

Mix oil with sugar, add eggs one at a time. Add coconut exract and mix well. Mix dry ingredients together...flour, baking powder, baking sode, and salt and add to wet ingredients. Mix well and add coconut flakes, buttermilk and nuts.

Grease loaf pan and fill to just over 1/2 full (makes 2 large loafs or about 5 small)

Bake at 350*F for 20-25 minutes.

GLAZE:
Boil for 5 minutes...1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water, 2 Tbsp butter. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp coconut extract. Pour glaze over bread while still hot. Remove from pans when completely cooled.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin