Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hard-Boiled Eggs Stuffed with Tomato, Onion, and Olive Oil

I'm headed over to my carpoolers birthday party and of course I get asked to make my infamous 'deviled' eggs. I found this recipe when I was searching for something 'different' to make for my housewarming party last year. This recipe has gourmet written all over it! I tried it and its been my 'signature' party food since. Its sooo easy and yet the flavors are just so robust it makes me want to go to the Greek Islands (not that I haven't been wanting to go there for YEARS!).


Hard-Boiled Eggs Stuffed with Tomato, Onion, and Olive Oil
Adapted from Leite's Culinaria

12 large eggs, hard boiled
1/2 cup good-quality, preferably organic, tomato paste
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

1. Peel and halve the eggs being careful not to break the whites. Scoop out the yolks and mash 6 yolks with a fork.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the tomato paste, the mashed egg yolks, the olive oil, and the onion.
3. Season with salt and pepper, and spoon or pipe the mixture back into the hollowed-out whites.
4. Serve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin