Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm BAAAAAAACK!!!

Whew! I'm back! I can't believe I was telling my friends how much one uses the internet...even for the simpliest things, like looking up hours for a department store, or finding the substitution for saffron, or...or...or...trying to figure out how to switch internet providers!!!!!

Let's just make a long story short and tell you that I'm glad to be back!!! I'm still with freakin' AT&T DSL but I have a new modem box. Let's just leave it at that...trust me...you don't want me to get started...

I haven't been baking much since the 'incident' but I did make this wonderful banana bread. I got it off the copykat message board. The key that makes this banana bread stand out is the mini chocolate chips!!! AWESOME!!

Coll's Banana Bread

2 1/2 C flour
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 C Margarine or butter (*I Can't Believe It's Not Butter)
2 C sugar
2 C mashed ripe bananas (4-6)
4 egss, slightly beaten
Added options: walnuts, dried cranberries* *1/2 C mini chocolate chips, **personal FAV!

1. Preheat oven to 350*F
2. Grease and flour baking pan (*muffin tins or bread pan)
3. Combine flour, salt, baking soda - set aside
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine margarine, sugar and eggs, belnd well. Add bananas and blend well.
5. Add flour mixture to the banana mixture until thoroughly blended. Batter may be lumpy from bananas.
6. Pour into prepared pan or muffin tins.Bake until center is done when checked with a wooden skewer.
7. Baking times for full recipe:
4 mini loaf pans : 45 minutes
24 mini muffins : 15-17 minutes
18 large muffins : 25 minutes
2 loaf pans: 65-70 minutes

NOTES:
Muffins and bread will turn a very dark brown. Check center for doneness. Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes before inverting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin