Friday, February 1, 2008

Beef Stroganoff

Well sorry I've been a little silent lately. Its just that I've been a little busy and work and ... well life!!!!! But I'm back (for now) giving you my review of the worlds most delicious beef stroganoff known to man!! Hail to the crockpot!!! And boy its fall-apart-meat-tender!!! It was so easy and most of the ingredients you already have in your pantry!! Just dust off the crockpot and fire away. I got my new crockpot for xmas so too it for its maiden-voyage on this recipe and was not disappointed. (I had the old one where it was all one unit and a B#&*CH to clean!)

This recipe is just enough for 2 servings--SERIOUSLY! Its perfect. I set the crockpot for 8hrs and when I got home it was done and waiting. I made it for my BF and he loved it (remember he's the picky eater). I served it over no-yolk noodles.


Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff (Cooking for 2)
Adapted from Betty Crocker

Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish: 8 hr 10 min
Makes:2 servings

1 lb beef stew meat
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of golden mushroom soup
1 jar (2 1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups hot cooked noodles or rice

1. In 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion, soup, mushrooms and pepper.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
3. Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve over noodles.

1 comment:

Snug said...

this looks great...i might try it out for tomorrow's supper :).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin