Wednesday, February 27, 2008

White Chocolate Macademia Nut Cookies

These cookies were made during the christmas holiday which was pre-blog and also made prior to the post-xmas-baking-hiatus!! I can't tell you how many rave reviews I got off this recipe from the office during the christmas bake-fest!! They are really REALLY good and beat (hands down) every white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe out there. TRUST ME ON THIS!!! The secret (of course) is the Bailey's. I went to BevMo and bought the small single-serving bottle of Bailey's (seeing I don't normally drink the stuff) and it was just a little more 2 Tbsp (still have some in the fridge). I also didn't have any cake flour (I know, I know, a baker with no cake flour....the nerve!) so I did the suggested substitutions and couldn't tell the difference. These are trying T-D-F!
White Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Adpated from Cookie Madness

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp Bailey’s
3 cups cake flour* (or substitue - see below)
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted before chopping
9oz chopped up white chocolate

Preheat oven to 375*F. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and both sugars. Beat in eggs, vanilla and Baileys. Stir or sift together cake flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in nuts and white chocolate. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto a parchment lined pan (I used my Splat Mat). Bake for 11-13 minutes.

Makes 4 dozen

*Cake Flour Substitute: If you don’t have any cake flour around, you can use this substitution: for every 2 cups flour, the substitute is 1 3/4 all purpose plus 1/4 cup cornstarch. So for this recipe which calls for 3 cups of flour, use 2 1/2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour and 6 Tbsp cornstarch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin