Sunday, March 23, 2008

1-2-3-4 Cake

My mom gave me this recipe years ago I think even before my love of the kitchen began. I tucked it again in my recipe book (which consisted of a spiral stencil-type notebook...remember those?) and probably made it once. I have to admit most times I just go and buy Sara Lee Pound Cake or even Costco when pound cake is needed but today was special. My folks are coming over for Easter dinner (under the code request of "daddy...mow my lawn please ooh and I'll feed you dinner") FINE I'll admit me, I'm a daddy's girl...but come on, if you saw my lawn you wouldn't buy a lawnmover just for that either!!!!!!! LOL I digress...
So this pound cake is really easy. At first I didn't get why it was called 1-2-3-4 Cake instead of Pound Cake like all other recipes. But then I got the ingredients lined up and then I saw it...DUH! This is the classic pound cake recipe. I made 6 jumbo muffins and one regular size loaf out of the one recipe! Score!! I'm using the muffins to make strawberry shortcake!! I hope I control myself enough to get a picture of the 'final product' when I'm serving it for dessert tonight!!

1-2-3-4 Cake
Adapted from Mom

1 cup butter
2 cup sugar
3 cup flour
4 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Blend in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and milk. Add dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Bake at 350*F for 1 hour.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin