Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thai Noodle Salad

I'm starving...I serious! Absolutely starving and I have nothing to fix at home. I've been wanting to make this salad for the longest but I'm sooo hungry I can't even think straight. I figure if I go to Trader Joes to get the ingredients on a hungry stomach I'll come outta there $50 later and missing some ingredients for the salad. GAAAAAAA! I don't have anything in the house because I just came back from my business meeting from Washington DC and I'm soo hired of eating out (I know I'm crazy but seriously how much hotel food can a person eat??). I whipped this salad together soo fast and scarfed it down so fast I can honestly say I'm not sure how it tasted. But I do know one thing for sure, if it hadn't been so damn good I would have opened up the garbage can and thrown it away, grabbed Macy in the backseat and we were heading to McDonalds!! Seeing that that didn't happen, my guess is that its really good (Pioneer Woman hasn't let me down yet...and I've tried about 5 of her recipes!! Thanks Cowgirl!!). I'm taking the leftovers for lunch tomorrow so that will be the verdict. But I have no fear that I'll be making this quick & simple salad again.
Thai Noodle Salad
adapted from The Naked Chef

SALAD INGREDIENTS:
1 packages linguine noodles, cooked, rinsed, and cooled
1/2 to 1 head Napa cabbage, finely sliced
1/2 to 1 head purple cabbage, finely sliced
1/2 to 1 bag baby spinach
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
1 orange bell pepper, sliced thin
1 small bag bean sprouts
3 sliced scallions
3 cucumbers, peeled, sliced, seeded
LOTS of chopped cilantro—up to one bunch

Garnish
1 cup whole cashews, lightly toasted in skillet
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted in skillet (I forgot to add in picture)

DRESSING:
4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 cup oil
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 hot peppers or jalapenos, chopped
1 large handful of fresh basil and cilantro, chopped

Mix together salad ingredients. Whisk together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Mix with tongs or hands and serve on platter.

*Dressing keeps up to three days before serving, WITHOUT cilantro/basil.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin