Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sugar Cookies with Pistachio and Dried Cranberries

So I've been meaning to make this recipe for a couple weeks now. It seemed soo easy that I was skeptical that it wouldn't taste good (you know what I mean!!). Anyways, the original recipe called for dried cherries and I was too lazy to get in my car and drive to Trader Joes to pick up some so I subbed the dried cranberries. It worked like a charm! Ooh and I also didn't have a sugar cookie log (the refrigerated kind) so I subbed the mix instead! Damn still worked like a charm!!! Two 'n Two!!! SCORE!!!! And yes, I'm still using the trusty blackberry camera (don't even get me started as to why my camera battery charger isn't here yet!! Grrrrrr!)
Sugar Cookies with Pistachio and Dried Cranberries
adapted from Robin Miller

1 (17.5oz) sugar cookie mix
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 cup pistachios, lightly chopped
1/2 cup dried cranberries (I finely chopped mine just cuz I like it better that way)
1 (11-ounce) bag white chocolate chips or 1/2 block Vanilla Almond Bark

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Pour the contents of the sugar cookie mix in a medium bowl. Add melted butter and egg. Mix well until incorporated. Add pistachios and cranberries, press into dough and then shape into a log. Slice into 1/4-inch thick rounds. DO NOT CUT THEM THICKER THAN 1/4-inch unless you want HUGE cookies--if so cut 1/2-inch). Transfer cookies to a baking sheet.
Bake 8 to 11 minutes, until golden around the edges. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

While cookies are baking, melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler or bowl over simmering water.

When cookies are cool, dip bottom half of cookies into melted white chocolate and place on waxed or parchment paper to cool.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin