Saturday, January 19, 2008

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had only 2 VERY ripe bananas sitting on my fruit plate and I didn't know what to do with them! I didn't have enough to make my usual banana bread so I start my search! Aha! Found this recipe and killed two birds with one stone...healthy & only calls for 2 bananas! SCORE! While I must confess they are not nearly as screamin good as the banana bread recipe I usually make, this recipe has much more healther ingredients with still a very good solid banana taste--oh and don't forget the chocolate chips!!! Yum-O! ENJOY!

chocolate chip version

butterscotch chips version

Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Adapted from CL membr emncar

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup wheat germ or ground flaxseed
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or butterscotch chips)


Preheat oven to 350*F. Oil 24 mini muffin cup pan with cooking spray. Whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking powder, and salt. Combine bananas, eggs, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into dry; stir until moist. Stir in chips. Spoon into pan and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.

Makes 36 mini muffins.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin